We are very excited to welcome friend John Schiffer to The Beatery Podcast this week! John and I go back to the heyday of Qoöl Wednesdays at 111 Minna, where the beats were techy, the dancing got sweaty, and you could party like a rock star and still get home for bed time. I moved off to Japan though, and haven’t been much of a regular since. Flash forward to this summer, and it just so happened Cor and I both caught John playing this very set at Qoöl a few months ago. Enjoy John’s set, it embodies that techy, dance ’till you drop spirit of Qoöl that we’d discovered together all those years ago! ~Jay
i’ve been having an incredible summer. the mood that this set is born from is for me like hitting a personal cruising altitude after a long and steady climb. this mix comes from the longest days in the northern hemisphere, the heart of the summer. as the autumn comes, my hope is to let this wave of summer spill into the nights. to swirl together and each play our parts.
there’s a lot more going on beneath the surface. we all know it all, just gotta keep reminding ourselves….
You can contact John at his email. Track list after the jump, but first a reminder: want The Beatery Podcast served up hot and fresh to your inbox every other week? Subscribe to the podcast and never miss a beat!
1. Down (Original Mix) - Alex Kenji
2. Large oLL (M1 Remix) - DJ Sleep
3. Left & Right (Original Mix) - Danny Frakazoid
4. Afrika (Tribal Mix) - D-Unity
5. UP (Original Mix) - Alex Kenji
6. Yang (Original Club Mix) - Wolfgang Gartner, Francis Preve
7. Lefty Righty (Original Mix) - BMV
8. Reader (Tonka Remix) - Zoo Brazil, Ian Pooley
9. Rock U (Mom & Dad Remix) - Alexander Technique, Princess Superstar
10. Bon Bon (Original Mix) - ATFC, John Dahlback